Welcome to the online volunteer training suite.
Here you will find online training modules to assist you as you begin your journey to becoming a Rising Hope Farms volunteer. This is something new we have added this year to better address new and returning volunteer needs. Annual volunteer training is a requirement of therapeutic riding center operation, no matter how long you may have been a volunteer. We understand that sometimes it is not always possible to make it to our annually scheduled Volunteer Training Days in March. The online training module serves as an alternative to the lecture portion of in-person training days. However, you will need to schedule an appointment with one of our volunteer coordinators to complete hands-on practice following the online training.
Steps to Online Training:
- Complete the training module.*(There are 2 ways to view it, 1.) a downloadable PPT or 2.) a Video File. The PowerPoint can be completed in multiple sittings, while the video file runs straight through – 15 minutes total run time.)
- Downloadable PPT Online Volunteer Training Module
- Video File:
- Watch the Side Walker Instructions Video (Linked here or in the downloadable PowerPoint training module above).
- Complete the Companion Questionnaire (Linked HERE: Companion Questionnaire or in the downloadable PowerPoint training module above).
- Earn a Certificate of Completion which is valid for 60 days (Found at the end of the Companion Questionnaire).
- Schedule your appointment for hands-on practice and show your coordinator the Certificate of Completion.
*If you cannot view the module in the downloadable PowerPoint format, a video recording of the slides is available below. Please note, you will need to use the links in steps 2 and 3 to access the additional content referenced in the video.